ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT – EIA/EMS
Malone O’Regan Environmental Services (MORES) is one of Ireland’s leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy firms. Our head office is in Sandyford, Dublin and we also have an office in Cork.
MORES, a privately owned company, undertakes a broad range of projects, including those that are amongst the largest development projects in the country. MORES reputation for excellence across all the critical areas of technical competence, design strength and client service has been built over 20 years operating at the cutting edge of environmental services delivering exceptional outcomes.
Our services cover a broad range of sectors including the planning and environmental licensing sectors. Our blue chip clients operate across multiple industrial sectors including food and drink, renewable energy, building materials, pharma and property development.
Due to continued expansion, we are seeking a candidate to join our EMS / EIA team working across a wide range of projects and sectors within an expanding consultancy firm. This will be a full-time position. Initially, the role will be based on hybrid working arrangements, between office and home at our Sandyford Dublin but ideally in our Cork City Offices.
- Impact assessment, EIA chapter drafting, coordination and review for a wide variety of project and client types.
- Preparation and coordination of specialist environmental assessments (air, noise, water, waste etc.).
- Working on environmental management and assessment projects.
- Data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Environmental auditing.
- Technical report writing.
- Engaging with external stakeholders, regulatory bodies and sub-contractors.
- Communication with clients and attending project meetings.
- EU Citizen or Permission to work in Ireland
- Degree qualified (or higher) in environmental science, environmental engineering or similar.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of experience in the consultancy sector in EIA or EMS related field.
- Experience in compiling planning applications;
- Familiarity with Irish and EU planning and EIA legislation and processes.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
- Experience in client and project team meetings.
- Competent in technical report writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (word, excel etc.).
- MSc is an advantage.
- Familiarity with EU Industrial Emissions licencing and EIA legislation including BAT.
- Q GIS or Arch GIS experience is an advantage.
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Experience in managing smaller projects and sub-contractors.
We are looking for a person who has:
- Excellent understanding of basic environmental science principles.
- Flexibility to work on a number of varied projects with diverse challenges.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and analyse client requirements.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- High attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Passionate team player.
What we offer
- You will be supported by our existing EMS / EIA team, as well as members of all other teams.
- Opportunity to work on large, cutting-edge projects including renewable energy, commercial and industrial projects, throughout Ireland.
- Attractive remuneration and benefits package that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Eligible for company and individual performance related bonuses.
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Active programme of CPD.
- Shower facilities for cycling / close proximity to public transport links.
CVs should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and marked for the attention of Janette McDonald.