JUNIOR ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT – ECOLOGY
Malone O’Regan Environmental Services (MORES) is one of Ireland’s leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy firms. We are based in Sandyford, Dublin and also have an office in Cork. MORES, a privately owned company, undertakes a broad range of projects, including those that are amongst the largest development projects in the country. MORES reputation for excellence across all the critical areas of technical competence, design strength and client service has been built over 20 years operating at the cutting edge of environmental services delivering exceptional outcomes. Our services cover a broad range of sectors including the planning and environmental licensing sectors. Our blue chip clients operate across multiple industrial sectors including food and drink, renewable energy, building materials, pharma and property development.
We are now looking for an ambitious Junior Ecological Consultant with a passion for the environment to join our team. This role will provide the opportunity to join an ecology team working across a wide range of ecological projects and sectors within an expanding consultancy firm. This will be a full-time position. Initially, the role will be based on hybrid working arrangements, between office and home at either our Dublin or Cork City Office.
- Preparation of reports including AA, EcIA, EIAR chapters.
- Site surveying including habitat classification and surveying protected and notable species.
- Field data analysis, interpretation and presentation.
- Communication with clients and attending project meetings.
- Given the nature of ecological survey work, travel within Ireland is required as well as surveying at time dawn/dusk/night, as required by specific species surveys.
- Degree qualified in earth science, environmental science, ecology, zoology or similar.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Eligible to work in Ireland.
- Experience in one or more of the following survey types; habitats, bats, badger, ornithology, otter, amphibians, invasive species, fisheries and/or marine mammals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (word, excel etc.).
- MSc an advantage.
- Q GIS or Arch GIS an advantage.
- Member of CIEEM.
- Experience in technical report writing (e.g. AA, EcIA and EIAR chapters).
We are looking for a person who has:
- Excellent understanding of basic environmental science principles.
- Flexibility to work on a number of varied projects with diverse challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and analyse client requirements.
- Ability to manage own workload.
- High attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Passionate team player.
What we offer:
- You will be supported by our existing Ecology team, as well as members of all other teams.
- Opportunity to work on large, cutting-edge projects including renewable energy, housing, commercial and industrial projects.
- Attractive remuneration and benefits package that will be commensurate with experience.
- Eligible for company and individual performance related bonuses.
- Flexible working hours.
- Active programme of CPD.
- Shower facilities for cycling / close proximity to public transport links.
- Great work environment with active sports and social club.
- CVs should be forwarded to email@example.com for the attention of Dyfrig Hubble – Principal Ecologist.