Redevelopment of the Former Waterford Crystal Factory
MOR Environmental provided technical advice to Ibrook Ltd between 2012 and 2018, regarding the former Waterford Crystal Factory. In acquiring the site, Ibrook became the holders of IPPC Licence PO157-02. The key objective was to undertake the necessary works to satisfy the EPA to allow this licence that related to past activities to be surrendered.
The works were carried out in several phases and comprised the following;
- Design and implementation of a quarterly groundwater and surface water monitoring programme between 2012 and 2017.
- Intrusive investigations that included the installation of additional onsite and offsite groundwater monitoring wells between 2013 and 2016.
- Completion of a Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment (DQRA) including P20 modelling in 2013.
- Hydro-geochemical modelling using the PHREEQC modelling tool in 2014.
- Additional soil sampling in 2016.
- Hydrogeological Validation Report in 2016.
- Preparation of an Independent Closure Audit Report.
All works were completed to the satisfaction of the EPA who formally surrendered IPPC licence P0157-02 in 2018.