Ecological Appraisals and Assessments of Solar Farm Developments throughout Ireland
MOR Environmental was commissioned by Power Capital Renewable Energy Ltd. to appraise and assess a number of sites for the proposed development of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) farms at various locations throughout Ireland. As part of these works, we were required to undertake detailed site surveys of both the proposed development sites, and the grid connection options.
As part of these works we completed the following tasks:
- Detailed desk-based studies to identify potential ecological receptors in the vicinity of the sites;
- Field based surveys for;
- Habitat assessments;
- Amphibians, and
- Ornithological studies.
- Detailed GIS mapping;
- Consultation with statutory bodies; and,
- Preparation of:
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)s,
- Appropriate Assessment Reports (both stage 1 & 2);
- Habitat Management Plans; and,
- Biodiversity Management Plans.
To date MOR Environmental has had a 100% success rate in obtaining planning permission on fourteen individual solar projects for Power Capital.