Preparation of EIS for Tayto Park
MOR prepared an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to assess the potential impacts, if any, of major extension works at Tayto Park, Kilbrew, Ashbourne, Co. Meath. The extension works involved the construction of the ‘Cú Chulainn’ Rollercoaster, various smaller rides, a new entrance, admissions building and ancillary facilities.
This high-profile project required MOR to:
- Undertake Desk-based Studies.
- Engage / consult with a number of third parties and stakeholders.
- Assess alternative locations for the Rollercoaster.
- Detailed acoustic modelling.
- Detailed hydrogeological assessments to support the provision of a new potable water supply from groundwater abstraction to meet the increased water demand associated.
- Preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement.
- Provided all necessary technical support during the construction stage.
Planning permission was granted in 2014.